Astron in 60 seconds
Discover all main information about Astron with this captivating and informative animated video.
Facts & Figures
> 50 years' experience
> 50,000 reference buildings
> 50 million m² built
> 50 countries
> 300 Builders
To be the Preferred Partner for standard and tailor-made solutions for Industrial Buildings in Europe, Russia and the CIS
Astron is committed to delivering optimized building solutions that provide exceptional value for our partners and customers. Our employees are guided through a common vision to deliver superior service and products through teamwork, innovation and resourcefulness. We invest in developing sustainable solutions and strive to be recognized as the market leader in innovative building solutions.
In the last 50 years, more than 50,000 buildings have been sold as turnkey solutions all over Europe through a network of authorised Astron Builders. Today, Astron is the leading European supplier of steel building solutions, designing and producing all the main components of a steel building - the primary and secondary structures, the roof and wall systems, accessories and thermal insulation systems.
Astron is the European leader in pre-engineered steel buildings for industrial applications, commercial and retail outlets, storage, logistics, sports and leisure. The complete steel buildings comprise the outer shell with the main structure, wall, roof and accessories.
In the three production plants in Luxembourg, the Czech Republic and Russia some 70 buildings are individually produced per week. The Astron group consists of 15 companies and employs approximately 800 people throughout Europe. The headquarters of Astron is located in Diekirch (Luxembourg).
Astron was acquired in 2005 by the Swedish Lindab Group that develops, manufactures, markets and distributes products and system solutions for simplified construction and improved indoor climate. The Lindab Group had a sales revenue of about EUR 820 m in 2016 and is established in 32 countries with approximately 5,000 employees.
Customers choosing Astron seek durability and a high standard of quality. Therefore, our buildings have a high value and are fully sustainable with respect to the aspects of economy, ecology and society. Astron products follow all laws, regulations and local requirements in a long-term orientation.
- Astron has been certified to ISO 9001 for design, manufacturing and dispatch for the last 20 years.
- Regularly inspected by Bureau Veritas.
- The high quality standard of the buildings structure is certified by CE marking: Astron products are in compliance with the EN1090-2 standard.
- The CE marking is a mandatory conformity mark required for products placed on the market in the EU. It indicates that the product complies with the harmonized EN standard or the respective ETA (European Technical Approval).
- Astron can affix the CE marking to its structural steel products: a real commercial benefit and a competitive advantage.
Astron follows a Factory Production Control certified by the CTICM, an independent notified control body. Our products respect a list of detailed requirements - from materials, structural design, manufacturing (tolerances, welding, etc.), to erection. On customer demand, a declaration of conformity can be delivered.
- For all Astron products a warranty is given; details depend on the individual DoP and product combination.
- Thanks to the Aluzinc protective coating, Astron roof panels are provided with a 20-year warranty.