Steel frame construction - Primary framing
Primary framing consists of all the structural elements which transfer loads to the foundations. Main frames consist of built-up welded primary framing members, including flange bracings, connection bolts and anchor bolts. The bases of the intermediate frames are generally pinned; however, certain circumstances may dictate the use of fixed constructions.
Astron buildings are optimised to meet the specific requirements of each client. Below you can find the type of frames most commonly used. We can also produce frames outside this range on special studies.
- Aesthetic profile
- Optimum clear space
- Easy adaptation of the building in case of modification or change of building use
- Short construction period
- Easy integration of all traditional construction materials such as brickwork, glazing, timber, etc.
- AZM1: Clear span building with tapered columns. The rafters are either completely or partially tapered.
- AZM2,3,4: Modular building with 2, 3 and 4 modules respectively. The exterior columns are tapered, the interior columns may be pipes or welded beams (H profile). The rafters are usually tapered.
- AS: Buildings with a large clear span, a slope of 20 % and tapered columns.
- AE: Clear span buildings with parallel flange columns. The rafters are usually tapered.
- AL: Clear span single slope buildings with parallel flange columns.
- AP: Wing units which can, in principle, be attached to all other types of buildings. The columns are generally parallel flanged.
- AT: Tennis buildings: the columns are parallel flanged with a single or double pitched roof.
- All profiles are shot blasted to SA 2.5
- To provide protection during transportation and erection, all profiles receive a primer coat of 80 microns thickness, in either blue or grey.
- Optionally, corrosion protection paint can be provided, with a thickness of 100 microns.
- These are explanation videos about the Astron Steelwork system.
- This series of videos teaches you, how to correctly install the different elements of the system.
- Nevertheless please be aware, these videos will never replace a personal training.
- Only certified erectors are allowed to install these products.